WSUP

WSUP

8/26/15

Assignment Due ~ 10/8 Assessment Philosophy

Think about how you will answer these questions in an interview or with your staff:

What are your beliefs about the effective use of assessment?

What will you adhere to in your practice as a principal?

What are your non-negotiables?

What do you value most when establishing a culture of inquiry?

 Put the main concepts into a presentation that you could share with your first staff.



Scoring Rubric for Philosophy of Assessment Presentation


To what degree was ___________________’s “Philosophy of Assessment” effectively presented?


Content reflects thoughtfulness and completeness (depth)

1                2                3                4



Material is logically organized

1                2                3                4



Philosophy is articulated clearly

1                2                3                4



Presentation reflects competence of the leader

1                2                3                4



Overall Grade and Comments:







4 comments:

  1. One thing that I will take away from the assessment philosophy sharing time is stick with the points to be presented rather than going off on a tangent and getting fancy and missing the point. I learned a lot from my classmates and their presentation. They had a full grasp of the assessment process whereas I need to learn more about it and make it my own. Sharing out was good, which allowed me to grow through this process. We have some very strong candidates for administrators in our group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Khai,

      Stay encouraged. We all will get there. Maybe at different times, but we will all get there. If you ask some of the other cohort members, you may find-out you are not alone in your thoughts. I believe in you brother !

      Delete
  2. My one take away from my presentation of my Assessment Philosophy was, I need to be less wordy with my understanding and point of view of assessment. I was advised to engage my audience or interviewer with my knowledge and not a whole bunch of words. I also realized that I have a lot more to learn about assessment when comes to the big picture, broken down into the small picture of what many moving parts make-up the assessment picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always such a great learning process to see and hear from others. When I go to PD the content is always important but I am impressed with presenters that bring engaging, funny information to the table in a way that makes me want to sit and stay. As I look at how can I be an engaging presenter from the Philosophy of Assessment assignment I liked Ramon's Star Trek visual to go with his information about assessment and I see this fitting in with a school mission, vision, and theme for the year. Ryan's visual in his presentation and insight about how looping with students can help those at risk by giving your more time to make an impact on student learning. Michelle Bledsoe had amazing blocks and depth that I greatly admired. Congratulations Beth!!! Your presentation made me think how lucky Puyallup is to have your join and lead their assessment team.

    ReplyDelete